Monday, November 21, 2011

Introducing Will!

Look what just happened to arrive a day early!
 Will was already at the hotel when I arrived.
There have been very few tears.
This kid has been AMAZING me all night and day.
Every hour.
By the hour.
Speaking of hours, he actually fell asleep in my arms while rocking him within two hours of meeting.
 Our first meal, together, happened at breakfast.
JiaLe looked like he had never seen a fork before.
After a few extremely awkward attempts, he was eating with a utensil in both hands.
 Food is his FAVORITE thing.
He inhales it.
 We had to sit at the adoption signing/notarizing session for almost 2 hours, today.
He sat QUIETLY, smiling for the entire thing.
He did refuse to take off his three layers of tops and shoes for the first 18 hours.
I found what I think might be his second MOST thing...stacking cups in the bathtub.
We couldn't get the clothes off fast enough when he discovered they and he would be enter, together.
 The other thing is he needs to carry at least three things in his hands at all times.
 He serenaded me with some really long song that I'm pretty sure really was a song.
His vocabulary is huge.  And I think he thinks he'll just teach me his language.
Although he has already repeated things like water, good job, uh-oh, and no.
By this evening his orneriness started coming out.
It started as retaliation for washing all of his orphanage clothes. 
He was purposely doing things to get me to scold, then he'd repeat what I said and smile.  
This hotel is loaded with mirrors.
And he loves to see himself and smile, kiss, talk to, etc to the twin in the mirror.
This kid is going to be so much fun.
I could go on and on, but I'll have to save it.
It is bedtime.
Can't wait to see what the next 24 holds!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like everything is off to a great start. Will sure is a cutie ~ orneriness and all! ;) Enjoy this time getting to know your little man. It's wonderful to see how well he is doing right from the get go!

    Congrats and God bless! <><
    ~ Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, so excited to see pics and little Will; he so sweet...sounds like you are hitting it off right away! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. So AWESOME!! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you in China! What a great day to give thanks for our family--old and young, and for Will--the newest addition. I can't wait to see him join his brothers!

    You continue to be in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...