I'm a sucker for snow pictures. Having Uncle Jim arrive on our doorstep in time to participate in the season's first snowfall made this time extra special. The "kids" were able to get the snowman built before it all melted, an hour or two later.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Saturday, December 17, 2011
It has more to do with the new level of activity around here.
This is how photo shoots tend to go.
There's lots of merriment and joy.
There have been lots of reindeer games.
But unless you catch one of them at a time, there's little hope for much more than a blur.
Guessing there's a similar story at the North Pole.
"Is this real, or am I dreaming?"
Charlie's question regarding his big day.
No, Charlie. It is for real!
You are another year older!
Your mom is already grieving the day this smile leaves our house for college.
Lots of people were happy to share in your joy!
Jack was enjoying the company, too.
It was great to sit back and relax.
And lots of happy boys.
You are gonna love your new number!
Friday, December 9, 2011
For some reason, I haven't caught many pictures, in Will's first week home, but I wanted to record (more for me than anyone else) a few of the things from his first week.
- Words thus far, Hello, Bye Bye, Uh Oh, Kay (as in OK), Thank You
- He still usually calls everyone mama, including Jack.
- He'll run to Mike and give him a hug when he comes home.
- He's slept through the night, the last three nights.
- He and Jack can sing a pretty mean duet on the piano, together. Just wishing I had recorded it!
- He shakes his head up and down emphatically to show he understands.
- His favorite activities have been dinner together (he's the first one at the table then giggles hysterically when we pray), building blocks and legos, tearing paper off of crayons, pealing stickers, and thumbing through books.
- He dislikes riding in the car and play dough.
- Dislikes bread, dairy products, vegetables, chocolate not candy coated, and pasta in any shape other than a noodle.
- Likes noodles, oranges, bananas, hot dogs, peanuts, and crackers.
- He scarfed down bread and milk (things he wouldn't touch before) for a package of M&Ms.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Leaving Hong Kong
Will did great on the plane.
Ten hours of flipping through the Hemisphere and Duty Free magazines.
Three hours, sleeping.
Investigating his room.
Looking for new reading material after the plane.
Meeting Jack (who couldn't be more thrilled!)
First picture of all four, together.
Charlie was totally smitten.
Look out, Will! Not the first or last kiss of the day.
First meal, home.
Brothers, at last!