Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Caramel Bars

OK - I'm not bragging, but I'm pretty good at baking.  Every once in a while, there's a flop and usually its for a group.  Thought you might enjoy Mike's coworkers' comments on my most recent baked caramel bars.  They were probably number two on the list of worst outputs from my kitchen.  Number one was when I served cheesy sausage rolls with WAY TOO MUCH cayenne to a group of elderly church women.  Enjoy!

"Hey, could you make treats for my co-workers who I hate?"
"How about a cookie with a layer chocolate, layer of cookie, and a layer of concrete?"
"I feel like I'm on a geological survey...Searching for a pocket of natural gas within the caramel"
"Hey, let's make some delicious treats that no one can eat!"
"It's like the jaws of life going through hood sheet metal and then hitting the engine [groaning sound effect]"
"Oh XXXX...my teeth"

I think I'll avoid bringing these to any Thanksgiving holiday gatherings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...